Possible disruption following London Bridge terror attack
Workers, residents and visitors in the City of London are being advised of possible travel disruption following the London Bridge terror attack on Friday.
As of 4.30pm Sunday, it is unclear whether London Bridge will be open tomorrow morning [Monday 2 December] to pedestrians and vehicles. Individuals are, therefore, advised to take alternative routes if possible.
As of 4.30pm today [Sunday 1 December], the following areas are still affected:
- The north section of Fish street up to Eastcheap is closed
- There is a road closure at both ends of Fish Street
- Swan Lane is closed between lower Thames Street and the river
The following pedestrian areas are also closed:
- The east of Fish Street up to Pudding Lane containing the Monument
- The Thames path is closed from Angel Lane to the east side of Fish Wharf
The City of London Corporation is working with the police and other authorities to minimise disruption for commuters and businesses in the affected area.
Notes to editors
The City of London Corporation is the governing body of the Square Mile dedicated to a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally-successful UK. www.cityoflondon.gov.uk