City Corporation sets up working party to tackle racism
The City of London Corporation has today (11 June) established a new working party to consider what the organisation is doing to tackle racism in all its forms.
The Tackling Racism Working Party, which had its terms of reference agreed at the Policy and Resources Committee this afternoon, will also assess whether the City Corporation could take any further action to promote economic, educational and social inclusion. It will also consider how to respond to historical issues, such as statues and monuments.
The working party will report its findings to both Policy & Resources Committee and the Establishment Committee.
The City Corporation last week issued a statement on the death of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter.
Notes to editors
The City of London Corporation is the governing body of the Square Mile dedicated to a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally-successful UK. www.cityoflondon.gov.uk
The City Corporation is already taking action to improve diversity and inclusion, including by:
- Signing up to the Race at Work Charter
- Signing up to the Women in Finance Charter
- Signing up to Stonewall’s Diversity Champion Programme, an initiative ensuring all LGBT staff are accepted without exception in the workplace
- Signing the Time to Change pledge for mental health awareness
- Employer status for the Disability Confident scheme
- Our Staff Networks promote equality, inclusivity and diversity in the organisation.